§ 12 Elections and voting
(1) In all elections and votes, each member has one vote. The right to vote may only be exercised in person or on behalf of another member upon presentation of a written power of attorney. If the general assembly is conducted online via video conference, technical features for secure anonymous voting must be provided and explained to the members.
(2) Votings are decided on by a simple majority of the votes cast.
(3) Amendments to the statutes and the dissolution of the association can only be decided on by a majority of two thirds of the members present.
(4) Abstentions and invalid votes are not taken into account.
(5) The resolutions of the General Meeting have to be recorded in minutes; after the meeting, these minutes must be signed by the chairman of the meeting and the secretary.
§ 13 Executive board
(1) The executive board in terms of section 26 BGB (German Civil Code) consists of at least three members. At least the positions of the chairman, his/her deputy and the treasurer have to be held by different members of the board.
(2) The executive board represents the association judicially and extrajudicially. Individual representation by a member of the executive board is permissible.
(3) Resolutions within the executive board are passed by simple majority. In the event of a tie, the chairman shall have the casting vote.
(4) Only members of the association may be elected to the board.
(5) The board is elected by the general assembly for a period of 2 years. Re-election is permissible.
(6) The board remains in office until a new board is elected.
(7) Upon termination of membership in the association, the position of a member of the executive board shall also end.
§ 14 Cash audit
(1) The general assembly shall elect a cash auditor for a period of 2 years.
(2) The cash auditor must not be a member of the board.
(3) Re-election is permissible.
§ 15 Dissolution of the association
In the event of a dissolution or termination of the association or in the event that tax-privileged purposes cease to exist, the assets of the association shall be transferred to the “Hülfskasse Deutscher Rechtsanwälte” which shall use them directly and exclusively for non-profit or charitable purposes.